Deskman is an advanced security tool for administrators and power users. But it's really easy to use. With Deskman you decide the level of security the system needs.
In order to secure your system, you have plenty of different options and combinations.
How it Works
Check the restrictions you want from the different tabs. Then press Secure. Reboot or log off to fully appreciate all ongoing restrictions, when necessary.
- Using Security Profiles : If you are lost, start by loading one of the included security profiles — make all the changes you need and press Secure to activate restrictions
- Protecting Desktop Icons : Press the Lock button to protect desktop icons, then select your Lock options and press Secure
- Filtering Applications : Execute all the applications that you want to be allowed, then press the Freeze button to capture running applications — select your Freeze options and press Secure
- Stop Web Browsing : Enable Safe Web Browsing to stop users from browsing any websites except for the ones you allow, based on keywords — press Secure to activate
- Securing the System : As long as Deskman is running, your restrictions will be applied. Press the hotkey,
Ctrl-Alt-F12by default, to open Deskman at any time
- Reverting Changes : Deskman persistently enforces selected restrictions, system-wide. To remove all restrictions load the
No Restrictionsprofile and press Secure. Or press the Boss Key to remove restrictions at once, to temporarily access restricted areas
- Deskman runs as a normal Windows application
- Deskman runs via Remote Desktop
- Deskman runs remotely on your browser
- Press the Secure button to activate changes
- Press the Freeze button to capture running applications and stop unknown programs
- Press the Lock button to capture desktop icons and protect them from tampering
- Press the Settings button to protect Deskman with password, enable user exceptions, enable the Web Interface, activate Boss Mode, etc.
- User Exceptions : Give admins, or specific users, full desktop access
- Boss Key : Remove all restrictions, at once, temporarily, to perform administration tasks easily
- Security Profiles : Save and load your own custom security profiles, or load the included ones, from the File menu. Import/export profiles remotely via web, or from the File menu
- Safe Task Manager : Stop Windows Task Manager and enable Deskman's Safe Task Manager instead.
- Deployment : Configure Deskman on one computer. Then, deploy the data file to install and activate Deskman on all your PCs automatically
- Manage all your Deskman installations : Open Remote Deskman on your web browser and go to Peers